Avoid wasting time and effort on an unfocused job search by following these online jobs search tips to find the best office jobs in Little Rock.
Whether you just finished with your degree or you are looking to make a promising career move to Central Arkansas, making sure your job search efforts are efficient and effective can help you find that dream position. Start by learning about the culture of the businesses you are interested in working by looking at their websites and social media accounts. Once you have a better understanding of the job market in Central Arkansas, a job placement agency with inside knowledge of the best office jobs in Little Rock can help you make connections and put your best foot forward. Following these online job search tips can help you focus in on the positions that are the best fit for you.
Online Job Search Tips for Central Arkansas
Regardless of what level of experience or comfort you have with searching for an office job in Little Rock, you are not alone in your online job search mission. A majority of U.S. adults have searched online to look for job and more than three-fourths of all job seekers are utilizing mobile job search applications. With a large pool of job seekers applying for many of the same positions, it’s important that you target positions where you can add value for recruiters. Incorporate these five online job search tips into your strategy for a more simplified, effective process:
- Keep It Simple: Avoid any special formatting in your resume by using traditional section headers that Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) can scan and process. Make adjustments to your resume for each position you apply for to reflect the skill set and value you can bring to the position and company.
- Expand Your Search Beyond the “Big Names” in Job Databases: Many of the more attractive office jobs never appear on high-traffic websites as it can take a large bite out of an organization’s hiring budget. Search for smaller niche websites that reflect your field of expertise or interest.
- Utilize Social Media for Professional Networking: Post your resume and job skills on your social media accounts, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, along with a message that you want to find office jobs in Little Rock and appreciate any leads. Tag friends and associates who live the Central Arkansas area to see if they can help and show your gratitude for any leads or information they provide you.
- Take the Less Is More Approach: Blindly applying for as many job postings as you can rarely ends well for any prospective job candidate. Hiring managers can usually spot a mass distribution resume and cover letter instantly. Use keywords and concepts in the job description for both your cover letter and resume, highlighting specific areas that demonstrate the value you will bring to the position.
- Follow Up: Once you have applied for a position, make note of the day you applied and follow up one to two weeks later through email. With a mountain of online applications pouring in, hiring managers are not wanting or expecting any unsolicited phone calls from applicants. In your email, you can tell them the day you applied, ask if your materials were received, and briefly point out part of your background most relevant to the position. Keep it short, simple, and to the point.
If you want to know more about open positions for office jobs in Little Rock, contact Apex Staffing at 877-803-3910. We strive to be a different kind of staffing firm – building professional relationships while helping you discover your perfect role. Take your interview preparation to the next level by downloading Apex Staffing’s Interview Prep Guide.