As you apply for jobs, it is important to remain professional with even the smallest of details. In addition to refining the look of your resume, this means crafting an email signature to highlight professionalism and what you can offer a potential employer.
An integral part of finding employment in Central Arkansas is learning to set yourself apart from other qualified individuals applying for the same job. With lots of highly experienced applicants looking for the same positions, standing out from the crowd often depends on resume aesthetics and minor communication details, including your emails and email signature. Make the most of every opportunity you have to impress a potential employer by updating your email signature to make positive, lasting first impressions during your job search.
How to Craft a Stunning Email Signature
When crafting a competent email signature for your professional email address, it can be tough to decide which items are appropriate to include and which would be better left out. Consider the following advice when designing yours:
- Include your name and contact information (email and phone number) for at-a-glance easy reference.
- Include a personal branding statement, if you have one.
- Include links to your LinkedIn, Twitter, website or professional online presence.
- Do not link to online pages which are for personal use.
- Leave out inspirational quotes or anything irrelevant to your job search.
- Modify your mobile phone’s default email signature setting. When emailing from a mobile, your smartphone probably tacks on a signature which reads some variation of “Sent from my iPhone.” This can be seen as unprofessional.
- Consider including a small headshot so a potential employer can attach your face to your name. Although including a photo can be a great way to stand out from the other applicants when introducing yourself online, it must be a professional photo. If you do attach photo, use the same picture featured on your LinkedIn page, to create a consistent professional presence.
When deciding which elements to include or leave out of your email signature, consider the position for which you are applying and which items are relevant to the industry. In addition, it is usually best to refrain from including links to every online presence. Include only those which are up to date, positive, professional and which represent you in the best light.
After setting yourself apart with your outstanding email signature and securing a job interview, you will want to be sure you are thoroughly prepared to make the most of upcoming face to face interactions with potential employers by practicing proper interview etiquette. For more information about job interviews, employment openings, or your job search, we welcome you to speak with a staffing specialist in Little Rock by contacting one of our Apex Staffing representatives at (877) 803-3910 today.