Law offices offer a variety of fast-paced and rewarding job opportunities. Your career in the legal field should begin with learning what positions exist and how you can find employers in Central Arkansas who are hiring.
There are many job seekers who are interested in working in the legal field without completing the lengthy schooling and exams that are required for becoming a lawyer. If this describes you, you will be excited to learn that there are many opportunities to find a job you love in a firm or courtroom. From paralegals to mediators, there are plenty of law office jobs in Little Rock that you can pursue with the help of a Central Arkansas staffing agency. The following information will help you begin a discussion with a staffing specialist who can offer the connections and confidence you need to land a job in a law office.
Types of Law Office Jobs
Although you do not have to put yourself through law school to find a job you will love in a law office, keep in mind that certain skills are particularly valuable in this field. Written and oral communication skills, organizational abilities, and a familiarity with legal terminology can all help you when applying for the following positions:
- Paralegals are responsible for assisting lawyers with handling lawsuits. Common job responsibilities include interviewing witnesses, conducting legal research, filing court documents, and investigating cases.
- Legal assistants, or legal secretaries, are responsible for taking care of office management and clerical tasks, such as answering phones and filing paperwork. In addition to these administrative roles, legal secretaries also complete tasks that require more specialization. Some of these duties include scheduling hearings and depositions, updating docket systems, and preparing legal paperwork, such as motions and subpoenas.
- Court reporters, or stenographers, are responsible for providing written transcripts of court proceedings, such as testimonies and statements. This courtroom job requires impressive typing skills and a thorough knowledge of the 22-key stenotype machines used to accurately record legal proceedings. This role is fast-paced, as some court reporters are also required to create real-time reports for legal broadcasts.
- Mediators, or arbitrators, are responsible for providing guidance when settling legal disputes outside of court. Mediators are technically lawyers, but you are not required to have a law degree to practice mediation. Some duties associated with these positions include preparing legal documents, guiding negotiations, and staying up-to-date on the latest legislation.
- Legal nurse consultants (LNC) combine their knowledge of nursing with legal skills to fulfill a unique role in law offices. Common job responsibilities include analyzing case-relevant medical records, interviewing medical experts, and preparing critical medical documentation for legal cases.
How to Find a Law Office Job
Once you have learned about the roles that are available in law offices, your next step is actually finding the job you want in Little Rock. Working with a staffing agency is often the easiest way to find a legal job in Central Arkansas, because these organizations have ongoing relationships with local law firms. As a result, staffing specialists can help you find positions that may not be advertised on typical job listing websites. You can also receive one-on-one guidance when putting together your cover letter and resume, preparing for an interview, and ultimately finding a job you will love.
If you are looking for law office jobs in Central Arkansas, contact Apex Staffing at 877-803-3910 to speak with a knowledgeable staffing specialist in Little Rock today.